Article: 178898 of talk.bizarre
From: dbryant@merle.acns.nwu.edu (David Bryant)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Children/Shopping Carts
Date: 1 Dec 1994 22:41:21 GMT

Sheets of paper,
and stacks of life.

	Laughing children tumbled across the green grass when I walked through
the town.  Boats on the river spilled hot smoke to the cold, clear afternoon.
"I collect lives in these pages," the old man was muttering, sheets of
newspaper rustling in the breeze.  Scenes of wars, and torment, healing, and
joy also; all in smeared black and white.  Bare-naked life with the lightning
inside, but there was no lightning on the ground were he walked.  Shopping
carts and children all pushed together light a calm afterglow.