Article: 179022 of talk.bizarre
From: zgilbert@blues.epas.utoronto.ca (Zvi Gilbert)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: today
Date: 2 Dec 1994 02:51:17 GMT

... is world AIDS day, as well as T.B.'s own fail to suck day.

I'd like to say something bizarre about AIDS, its effect on my
life or something so profound and gritty-in-spite-of-complete-
despair that you would all be moved to tears. But I can't. The
Real World (in which confines I slowly, carefully move) is not
a happy place. I want to wish it away. Let's all close eyes, I
suggest peacefully to you now, and hope real hard. And now, we
can go on with the business of living and dying and crying and
praying. For the millions and the rest of us. Bless our Earth.

This maudlin yet ironic bit of reverie is brought to us by the
letters "A," "Z," & "T" and the numbers "million" & "billion".

--Zvi
zgilbert@titan.ucs.umass.edu
i read the news today oh boy