Article: 261231 of talk.bizarre
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
From: lsc@netcom.com (Lisa Chabot)
Subject: Old News
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 22:12:17 GMT
Sender: lsc@netcom22.netcom.com

(If I've posted this before, well, shoot me.)

DIRIGIBLE BLOWS COMPUTER BUSINESS

(TBPI, Newt Hampster)

   In a surprise press release today, Dirigible
Corporation announced that it is selling off its computer
business to General General, Inc.,  divesting itself of
both hardware and software product lines simultaneously.

"It's an idea whose time has come," said Dirigible spokesthing
Hoost Fanfold.  "Now we will have more time and money to
concentrate on our main business: laying off the rest of
New England."

Dirigible, which had been in the computer industry for more
than 32 bits, once was home to many a wayward reprogeek, but
for the past several years it has spawned a local growth in
placement service bureaus.  More recently, however, it has hired
a gaggle of spokesthings for its campaign of denying that the
spread of WinDohs95 has influenced the decision to run for the
hills.  "The computer business is actually shrinking!" shrieked
Fanfold.  "We're all doomed!"

General General was formed last year from the collision of
General Digidatatronics, itself once a spawn of Dirigible and
exposed in the religious bestseller, "The Shoes of the Knitting
Machine", and General Eccentric Motors, which featured for many
years in perennial rumors that it would itself buy all of
Dirigible Corp.  "We're very pleased with the price," said
Hilfbooter "Hilfy" Hilfbooter, General General CEC.

Dirigible will retain its small business of laying off people
in Taiwan, but other details of the memorandum of wimping-out
(MEOW) have not been released due to mutual embarassment
of the parties involved.

.
.                         (Ob. attr.: Bill Short for "Digidatatronics")
.
--
                        "Everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!"  (Mallrats)