Article: 261303 of talk.bizarre
From: Scott Ellis <qbt736@freenet.mb.ca>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Information Economy (repost by request)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 00:53:15 -0600
i started out as a freelance ontologist my clients were usually ministers
insurance adjustors & shiftworkers with metaphysical doubts i swung a
leveraged buyout of a chain of virtual reality therapy centres i was raking
it in till ms pacman's bulimia self-help group launched a class-action suit i
diversified into computer prophesy sacrificing pedigreed herds of angus &
charolais reading their pricy entrails averaging out the results into pie &
bar graphs i was cleaning up until the omengate scandal when all my military
& stockbroker clients got busted by that time pychoproctology was where the
action was till the great surgical glove drought wiped out all the pile
shrinks i sold holographic porno on the 2-dimensional market until my files
were raided by the fbi & disney now beauty & the beast are pulling 3 to 5 i
made a killing as a graphology consultant teaching deadbeats to sign their
names with drive reliability & seizable assets my grads wrote their own
tickets some of them signed their way into politics you don't want to know
i'm doing quantum political spin control i'm the guy who keeps the quarks in
the bag & the ins in office i make antimatter & soundbites for dimwits it's
ok but lately my broker's on a bungee cord i can't get my foot out of my gui
my resume glows green my secretary is maxwell's demon my cpa's a black hole i
can't find my homepage my portaphone smokes crack my vcr's on a vision quest
my modem wants a sex change instant tellers sing me karaoke my frequent flier
points won't get me back from uranus my beemer only runs in tornado alley my
children keep receipts my clients all pack sickles i can't keep my hands off
my fax machine & i hear my ex has a virus hunting program somewhere out there
looking for me...

------
sae - Look under the surface, and, if you're really lucky, there's more
      surface.  (Richard Avedon)