Article: 261927 of talk.bizarre
From: bcash@bnr.ca (Brian J.Cash)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Re: seeking Greek myth trivia
Date: 6 Dec 1995 10:17:26 GMT
james a schmidt (jschmidt@unm.edu) wrote:
: The two Sirens -- aren't Sirens. The sirens were beautiful women who sang so
: beautifully that they lured men captivated by   their song to forge to steer
: the ship and crash on the rocks, the two monsters that must be navigated
: between are Scyllia and Charybillus (check spelling, I'm not sure if it's
: right). One grabbed sailors off he ship with hundreds of long tenacles, the
: other created a whirling vortex which destroyed the ship.

"What did the doctor say?"
"It's not good.  I have...scyllia."
"Oh, God!"
"At least it isn't fatal."
"True...for a while we thought it could be charybillus."

Brian /-|-\
--
Ningependa kujifunza KiBizarre kidogo. Kwa heri.