Article: 261476 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 4x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 13:59:28 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

BARNACLES
*********

We made an ecosystem where there had never been one before,
all quite by accident.  High above our atmosphere, all the
detritus and garbage we released into space -- the loose
panels; the human fecal matter; spent reaction products --
made a welcoming environment the same way a reef attracts
fish.

And the fish came.  Tiny flukes, white and bloated, the size
and shape of rice grains, affixed themselves to metallic
surfaces and absorbed whatever nutrients happened by.
Multiplying proportionally to human space exploitation,
they are now ubiquitous and routinely clutter cylinder
hulls at L-5.

It's bad to shit where you sleep.

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction