Article: 261616 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 5x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 13:59:58 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

THE BEEKEEPERS
**************

We learned of them first when the missiles rose to destroy Korea.  The
silvery discs appeared and neutralized the warheads.

The discs remained hidden until two years later, when a manned voyage
to Mars was bedeviled by the strange visitors.  Telemetry was lost,
and the cosmonauts aborted the mission.  Since then, no probe
has been permitted beyond the troposphere.

The discs have become daring lately, skimming over population
centers and straining carbon monoxide from our atmosphere.

We are not slaves.  We are not free.  We are somewhere in between.

They are beekeepers, and we lack even the smallest of stings.

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction