Article: 261545 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 70x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:40:07 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

THE THOUGHT POLICE
******************

Driving home from work, I daydreamed about becoming a
butterfly.  Sirens interrupted my reverie.  Uh-oh --
the Thought Police!

He looked like a hardnose -- young; lantern-jawed;
mirrorshades.  My papers were intact; might I escape
with a ticket? no such luck.  "Step out of the car,"
he ordered brusquely.  I complied.

"I'm going to ask you to free-associate.  Ready?

"Soup."

          "Bone."

"Iron."

          "Wedge."

"Shack."

          "Love."

"Jolly."

          "Goat."

"Penny."

          "Brain."

He closed his notebook.  "Put your hands on top of
the car," he instructed.

Great -- another Driving Under the Influence of
Creativity.  If they revoke my brain again, I'll
never get it back.

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction