Article: 261562 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 91x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:45:32 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

UNDERCOVER HIEROPHANT
*********************

His ship had annihiliated itself on the taiga, but he
had ejected just in time.  He had staggered into a village,
expecting to be lynched, only to find his outward appearance
exactly matched that of the primitives.  They made him out
to be some kind of Holy Man, which was fine by him.

I shall gain the patronage of the highest levels of their
society, he thought, and shall come in time to be considered
their spiritual leader.  And should I fail, well, how can
they harm a being from a 3-G planet?

I shall become a god, mused Rasputin.

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction