Article: 288569 of talk.bizarre
From: popeanon@lava.net (Pope C the Anonymous)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Re: important bulletin
Date: 1 Dec 1996 06:04:57 GMT

George Herbert (gherbert@crl.com) wrote:
: 						And now, for some reason,
: 						it appears that the
: 						anti-gravity device that
: 						the NASA guy from MSFC
: 						was talking about was not
: 						in fact a product of too
: 						much hydrazine inhalation.
: 						I find the idea that NASA
: 						funded research that actually
: 						may have invented anti-gravity
: 						terrifying, as should you.

Oh, not at all.

Antigravity?  Why not?  I'm a sucker for whatever mainstream science
tells me these days.  I remember when 9600 baud modems over a dial-up
line were theoretically impossible.  I remember the day I heard about
the solution of the 4-color problem, and about the classification of
finite groups.  Fermat's theorem has been proven.  What's a trifling
matter like antigravity?

After the Challenger and Chernobyl disasters, I realized I must be
living in a science-fiction novel.  With recent developments like life
on Mars, I've refined that notion to: I am living in a *cheesy* science
fiction novel.  Antigravity fits right in.

Why fight it?  Just concentrate on writing yourself in as an essential
character to the plot.

  -- C

--
                         Pope C the Anonymous
                          popeanon@lava.net

            "won't i get tired of what?  the smell?  what smell?
            i don't smell anything.  i've got habaneros shoved
            up both nostrils.  it's the latest thing, man.  don't
            you see how cool i am?"   -- merde