Article: 288585 of talk.bizarre
From: bcash@anet-dfw.com (Brian Cash)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: You
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 96 06:05:05 GMT

I know you exist.  If you didn't, you wouldn't be reading
this.  I know I exist, since I am typing this.
The trouble lies in the connection.
I don't mean USENET, the Internet, the
"Superinformation Highway", or anything like that.
I mean the transition from my existance
to your existance.  I'm here, you're there, and between us is
..what?
Stuff?  I think, therefore I am.  You think, therefore you are.
What about the rest?  What does it think?
If it can exist without thought, can't we? Don't we?
How far are we from dogs?  From plants?  From rocks?

Brian /-|-\ "Reason to perfect contentment in regard to that which
          has always, but without permanent results, occupied her
          powers and engaged her ardent desire for knowledge."

---
To each, my own.