From: "Andrew Solberg" <monolith@blkbox.com>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: FTSD SCIENCE FICTION: Tracks in the Sand
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:42:19 -0600

The call came through to the server room.  I had my wire-puller hat on
that day, and with my head down below the floor tiles I could barely
hear the phone.  I got it on the fifth ring.  “Drake here.”

“This is Jim Hertel with the STAM group.  I think we have a data
corruption problem.”

The trouble with working in one place too long is that eventually people
will expect you to be able to do everything.  If you can’t do everything,
you’re branded an idiot.  If you can, then everything becomes your job.
That’s how database guys like me wind up pulling cable.

There was a terminal by the phone.  “Which records?”

“OBN, August 1.  Start at record 109925 and tell me what you see.”

I pulled it up.  This is what I saw:

109923 MTA 0 1 35987 GHA 9897873S738W84 TUE 97 BR191837362 QE
109924 GDR 1 1 68298 UGB 837580734BH498 FRI 89 LM435425254 QE
109925 UUK 1 1 34545 QPM 4365325HF3254B MON 89 TL925833712 --
109926 IRL 0 0 00398 UBX 690723086TT32B MON 95 UE08702873--+-
109927 ASP 1 0 92301 NSD 2396432PO9S5Z7 WED 96 MW9872347--+--
109928 PWR 1 1 83984 PPQ 09847983W857H1 MON 92 DS93798--+--QE
109929 GOO 1 0 30019 TYT 2987324EE3987F FRI 92 AA9929--+-- QE
109930 UVZ 0 0 74392 BEW 097234T38X94LP THU 99 RS23--+--46 QE
109931 PPI 1 0 72381 BPZ 3986438356EEW2 WED 91 YE--+--7511 QE
--9932 HWB 0 1 56228 SYE 2495764BX01OO2 THU 88--+--7289567 QE
--+--3 ECH 0 1 82078 LAF 3489G8982I9840 MO--+--RI008837100 QE
10--+--UEL 0 0 12450 EWK 9705872954HH18--+--85 VG563294007 QE
10993--+-- 0 1 82307 RCZ 132989753B23--+--D 96 OA104384383 QE
109936 BZ--+-- 92616 OIQ 092346784Y3--+--ED 90 HX632091986 QE
109937 MZA 1 --+--50 NVW 843Y842B489--+--RI 89 UY402091038 QE
109938 CCH 0 0 821--+--K 5478230K2843--+--I 98 SS203495877 QE
109939 ABE 1 1 66404 LO--+--2654Y58763--+-- 91 EC558210976 QE
109940 XRV 1 0 03451 EZO 498--+--8737--+--N 92 WE540218374 QE
109941 FVF 1 1 48584 KDD 9476528--+---+--ON 89 DP693096345 QE
109942 TVR 0 1 34069 IEX 568296551--++--THU 95 UX320976214 QE
109943 IRB 1 0 16704 PMA 693818743--+---+-- 97 VQ047264393 QE
109944 YWE 1 0 54986 ZPL 498Y8439--+--9 --+--3 EV097234652 QE
109945 EBC 1 0 82397 LPQ 523498--+--62V F--+-- US592876361 QE

Twisting trails of plusses and minuses crept thoughout the display.
“This has got to be a joke,” I said.  “Who’s been screwing with the
data?”

“Don’t ask me,” Hertel replied.  “I just read ‘em.  Only you guys can
write to those files.”

The strings of characters crawled down through the file and eventually
stopped.  “That’s no glitch; that’s sabotage.”

“Whatever.  I trust you have a backup...?”

“Yeah, yeah.   Give me a minute.”  I hung up, made a copy of the
records with the strange tracklike patterns, spooled the appropriate
backup tape and let it rip.  About half an hour later the phone rang
again.

“It’s Jim Hertel.  Hey, when are you going to back up those records?”

“Already done.”

“Like hell.  I’m looking at it now.”

I pulled it up again.  Same crap on the same records.  “Christ!”

Hertel’s disgust came over the phone loud and clear.  “What the hell
kind of security do you people have, anyway?”

“Blow me,” I replied, hanging up.

Offsite storage revealed the same problem.  It was official -- I was
screwed.
In desperation I called Sanford.  Sanford was my opposite number at one of
the
other big data mining firms.  We both went to the Institute together, and
were
actually roommates at one time.  We made an interesting pair; I was the neat
freak, and Sanford was just the freak.  After school we joined separate
startups competing for the same chunk of turf.  Our relationship went
downhill
from there.

"Hello, thieving bastard," I said into the phone.

Sanford sounded, as usual, utterly stoned out of his gourd.  "Drake, you fat
fuck.  How can I help you, in some way that isn't really all that helpful?"

"You stole several gigabytes of my data."

"This is true."

"I want it back."

"Drake, Drake, Drake."  Sanford tsk'ed into the phone, knowing full well how
much that would piss me off.  "First of all, I narped those records months
ago.  Why are you coming yammering at me now?"

"I seem to have a data integrity problem."

Sanford's laughter hissed in my ear.  "You've been hacked! oh, god, somebody
hacked your stuff!"

"More likely it's a virus, introduced during certain unauthorized intrusions
by certain criminals who shall remain nameless."

"Oh ho ho, no, it wasn't me, man," chortled Sanford.  "I'm much too slick.
bet some high school wanker ran Cracker and found somebody with a
'blowjob' password...."

"You know damned well we're secure," I countered.  "There's no dial-in and
no hard line.  There's only one terminal that has full database maintenance
access, and that's mine.  It's no outside hack."

"Moving on to item two," oiled Sanford, "why the hell should I do you any
favors?  Last time I checked, you were, like, one of THEM."

He had me.  "Look, we can do a swap.  I have a whole month of new DMV
records that I bet you haven't got yet.  I'll trade 'em for an uncorrupted
OBN set."

"Now we're talking!"  I heard clicks and clacks over the phone.  "What
section of your records were fouled, anyway?"

"August 1.  Maybe others."

More clicks, then a long silence.  "Uh oh."

"Uh oh? what?"

"Drake, we should meet for lunch."

"Meet? what? what's the deal?"

"My stuff's corrupt too.  Do you like Ethiopian food?"

Sanford compared my hardcopy of the Glitch, as we now called it, to
his.  I studied him across the table.  Same tattered knit Andean cap;
same battered army surplus jacket; facial hair scruffier than ever.  In
short, he looked like a homeless dude.  I knew he was smart, though.  I
had to admit, Sanford had always had the edge on me on sheer brain
power.  He lacked drive and people skills, though, so our careers remained
roughly parallel.

"Yup, same Glitch all right," drawled Sanford, scooping up something
with his fingers and stuffing it in his mouth.

"Near as I can tell," I replied, "it serves you right for hooking my stuff.
If this virus or whatever doesn't crash your whole system, I'm going to
be very disappointed."

Sanford eyed me peevishly.  "Drake, your head is still all screwed up."
He tapped me on the forehead for emphasis.  "What you need is some
serious attitude adjustment.  Try chanting."

"Chanting."

"Yes, chanting.  In Sanskrit.  The words have power, you know."

"Sanford, please don't spray me with your freak food when you're
spouting nonsense."

"I'm deadly serious.  Some schools of Buddhist thought believe that
the spoken language of Sanskrit has the ability to alter the universe.
There are about a million mantras that, if properly chanted, can fix
just about any problem.  Let's see, your problem is mental, so, uh,
we could say this: "om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam
loka bhi deva citta namamyaham."

"You lost me at 'om'."

"Roughly translated, it's 'Oh very cool angel dude, please protect
my mind with your righteous earth-power.'"

"I'm supposed to chant this?"

"Oh, yes."

"I can't help but notice that you,  yourself, don't do a lot of chanting."

"There's nothing wrong with my head."

I suddenly had a headache.  "Can we get back to the virus?"

Sanford spat out a seed.  "There's something very wrong here.  It has
to do with the way I snagged your data."

"How did you do that, anyway?"

"Remember that intern you had a while back?"

"Emory?  That kid's my second cousin.  I'm going to kill him."

"Relax, it wasn't his fault."  Sanford's beard was filling up with small
particles of food.  "He didn't even know what he was doing."

"How's that?"

"Well," Sanford smirked, "I called him up while you were on vacation
in the Bahamas.  I impersonated the V.P. of Sales and demanded a
printout of every record in the OBN set."

"No."

"Yes.  It took him a week.  He wore out a few printers."

"No."

"Yes.  Then, when he was done, I called him up again and chewed him
out, claiming I had wanted the OBN set *summary* sheets, not an office
full of paper with useless gibberish on it."

"No!"

"Yes.  So, I told him to box it all up and put it out for recycling.  I told
him to not run it through the shredder because he had already screwed
up enough equipment."

"Jesus."

"I just swung by and picked it up.  Then I scanned it in.  I wore out a
few scanners, too."

"Emory told me he had spent the time filing."

"I might have hinted to him how annoyed you would be if you
found out about the busted printers."

"Well.  You certainly *are* a bastard."

Sanford grinned as he chewed.  "Sure."

I hadn't touched my food.  I didn't intend to; it looked unfoodlike.
"Okay, so were you just showing off with your little story of
derring-do, or does this somehow impact our lives?"

"Drake, up until today, those records worked fine for you, right?"

"Uh, right."

"Same for me.  Hence, whatever we're looking at here wasn't just
a transcription error.  I think we can also agree that it wasn't a
hacker, too; they couldn't get into both our systems and both
our offsite backups.  So that leaves a virus.  It would have to be
a virus that was present when the data was copied, and has only
just now manifested by munging records.

"But how could I have caught a virus from you, Drake?  I copied
your stuff by plain paper.  No files were exchanged.

"What kind of virus spreads by hardcopy of read-only files?"

I hung up the phone.  "That was my client.  It's spread to the
August 2 records.  We need to come up with something fast."

We had relocated to Sanford's conference room.  He was scrawling
on the marker board.

"I don't get it," I continued.  "The display of the records as printed
out is entirely artificial.  All that information in any real sense is
stored
as a bunch of ones and zeros; the geometry of the rows and columns
is meaningless to the computer.  So why would a virus fiddle with
the records in such a way to make patterns only when the data is
arranged for human use?"

"The easier possibility," replied Sanford, still scribbling, "is that
it was written that way.  The problem is, you can only do that with
some coding, and nothing that could carry virus code changed
hands.  The more remote possibility is, in my opinion, more
interesting."

Sanford stood back from the board and studied his diagram.  It was
a tracery of overlapping rectangles and was utterly incomprehensible.
Sanford seemed satisfied.

"Okay, imagine this," began Sanford.

"When we use numbers, like this number '1' over here, and when we
write them down, they're really just pointers.  They're pointers to a
representational idea of quantity, or perhaps a positioning counter
on a number line.  See? the number symbol itself has no intrinsic
value; it's just something that directs us to a mathematical concept
in abstract space.

"When we do databases, we're creating pointers to pointers.  A
particular element of a set just directs us to the contents of that
field; but if the contents of that field are numeric, then that in turn
is a pointer to a concept of so-many-beads-on-a-string that lives
in the realm of the abstract.

"We can create many iterations of pointers.  Lookup tables can
point to sets can point to subsets and so on.  Eventually, though,
they're going to point to something numeric, which will have to
point to something abstract.

"In each case, all levels but the last one occupy some point in real
space.  At some position on the drive, a tiny blotch of smegma is
the locus of the piece of information that says: Go Here Next.  We
need the computer to translate it for us, because it's written in a
language we can't understand visually, but in some form, all of
these roadmap instructions are located in the real world, where they
can be accessed and altered.

"The final step, the pointing from numeric symbol to numeric concept,
also occupies real space.  But where is that abstract concept?  Unlike
the pointers, it can't be seen, touched or tasted.

"Or can it?

"Drake, who is to say that somewhere out there, there doesn't exist
another kind of space -- a very real space -- where stored numbers
and other mathematical concepts exist?  Maybe it's just a sub-
partition of the space with which we're familiar, or maybe it's
something else altogether.  Regardless, every number, every array,
every curve and ray and line must occupy some part of this
abstract turf.

"But what if that turf is already occupied?!"

I had to laugh.  I couldn't help it.  "Occupied!"

"Yes, occupied!"  Sanford glared at me.  "Occupied by abstract
worms, or abstract virii, or whatever you want to call them!  Things
that call home the terrain of mathematical thought!  Dammit, Drake,
we've ruled out just about anything that could affect our files in
our physical world; is it so cracked to consider that maybe, just
maybe, a different plane of thought is involved?  What if those
aren't random scrawls or electronic graffiti, Drake?  What if those
are tracks in the sand?"

I was overcome with the giggles.  "Oh, yeah, maybe they're grazing
on our numbers!  Yum, yum!"

Sanford wasn't laughing.  "Maybe they are."

"Why, they could be breeding.  I'm too young to watch."

"Why can't you take this seriously?"

"Because it's nuts.  Nobody has ever seen anything like this before."

"Maybe they're incredibly rare.  Maybe the records just happen to
occupy the tiny corner of abstract space where these creatures live.
Or maybe they've just evolved onto the abstract scene.  In a year, or
a day, they could be all over the place."

"You know what I think?  I think you've finally flipped."

"Get out."

"I'm going."  I was, too.  Sanford followed me to the stairwell.

"Drake.  Wait.  C'mon, hold up.  I think I'm on the right track, really
I do."

I patted him on the shoulder.   "Okay.  You think on it tonight,
Sanford.  You think long and hard on it, and call me tomorrow.  And
in the revealing light of a brand new day, you will see, as I do, how
utterly crazed you sound."

Sanford exhaled, then nodded.  "Okay.  Yeah, okay, it's pretty far
out.  I'll think about it, really I will.  You do, too."

"Yeah, sure," I said, and pushed the latchbar to step out onto the
street.

The phone rang, waking me from a sound sleep.  The clock read
three-something.  I somehow got my hand on the handset and
dragged it over to the region of my head.  "Hello?"

"....dddddrake!"  A strange voice, sputtering and hissing.

I sat up, still in a fog.  "Sanford?"

"...s...ss....sssan! ferrrd!"

"Sanford, please call me back when you've come down from whatever
you're on."

"no no no!"  Sanford sounded like he had lost control of his tongue.
"nnneed! to t-t-talkkssss....."

"All right, Sanford, go ahead.  What?" A lot of slobbery sounds
came across the line.  "Sanford? hello?"

Suddenly his voice was loud and clear.  "More like wormssss,
Drake!  more like wormssss, making tunnelssss!"

I rubbed my eyes.  "That's just great, Sanford.  More like worms,
your precious abstract beasties.  Yes.  Good."

"DRAKE!"  My ear hurt.  "dddon't!  dddon't!"

He was starting to creep me out.  "Don't what?"

"ddddon't  th-th-think!"

"Don't think? don't think about what?"

There was a sharp wet sound from the other end, then a clatter.

"Sanford? hello? hey, Sanford?"

I called 911.

At Sanford's house, the cops wanted to talk to me.  Sanford had
been found dead of a massive stroke.  I had driven out there just
in time to catch them wheeling him out on the gurney.  His whole
face was bloody; he must have leaked out his nose.

I told the cops we were just colleagues working on a problem.  What
was I going to do, tell them about his crazy worm theory?  The fact
was, at the end Sanford lost it and blew a brain-gasket.  There wasn't
anything more to tell them, so I left.  I got home just about six and
was dog tired.  All I could do was lie on the bed and try to sleep.

While lying there in a half-doze, I turned the situation over in my
mind.

It occurred to me that I didn't actually know that nobody had ever
witnessed such a phenomenon before.  Certainly nobody had ever
reported such an event, but people who die of massive strokes
aren't very good at reporting mathematical anomalies.

I rolled over.  It was a paranoid fantasy to think that there might be
some kind of coverup in progress; that anybody who stumbled onto
the idea of abstract space had to be taken down.  That was a Sanford
kind of thought, I said to myself; he died of natural causes, and
that's that.

Still, I couldn't help musing, I had known quite a few mathematical
geniuses during my days at the Institute.  It had seemed to me then
that the smarter they were, and the further out there their minds
seemed to be, the wackier the individual turned out.  It was almost
as if something out there in the realm of the abstract was....

....changing them?

Lying on the bed, I broke out into a cold sweat.  I had no choice but
to follow the thought to its logical conclusion:

A database is a construct for the storage of mathematical information.

Human memory is a construct for the storage of mathematical
information.

The hardware is different, but once you get through the maze of
pointers, the end-reference is the same.

When he died, Sanford had been thinking very hard about the
corrupted matrix.  In effect, in abstract space, he had placed his
own region of abstract thought very close to that of the affected
area.

The things could cross from the August 1 to the August 2 set.

Could they make a different kind of leap?

I felt a prickling feeling at the base of my scalp, and a sudden
fog came over my mind.  I fought through it: they had crossed
over into Sanford's thoughtspace and had chewed it to pieces!
and now they were into mine! damn! damn damn!

How did that mantra go?!

om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
-m apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
-- apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
+--apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
-+--padamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
--+--adamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
o--+--damapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om--+--amapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om a--+--apa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apa--+--a hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apada--+--hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadama--+--taram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa --+--am dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hat--+--dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namam--+--
om apadamapa hataram--+--ram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta nam--+--am
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta n--+--aham
om apadamapa hataram dataram--+--a sampadam loka bhi deva citta --+--yaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva--+--adam loka bhi deva citta--+--myaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva samp--+--loka bhi deva citt--+--amyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam --+--bhi deva ci--+--amamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka b--+--va --+-- namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi dev--++--a namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi dev--+--t--+--amyaham
-m apadamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi de--+--tta nama--+--m
-+--padamapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi d--+--itta namamyaha-
om--+--amapa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi--+-- citta namamyaham
om ap--+--pa hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka b--+--va citta namamyaham
om apad--+-- hataram dataram sarva sampadam loka--+--deva citta namamyaham
om apadam--+--ataram dataram sarva sampadam lo--+--i deva citta namamyaham
om apadamap--+--aram dataram sarva sampadam l--+--hi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram sarva sampadam --+--bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa --+--am dataram sarva sampadam--+-- bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa h--+--m dataram sarva sampada--+--a bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa ha--+-- dataram sarva sampad--+--ka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hat--+--dataram sarva sampa--+--oka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hatar--+--taram sarva sam--+-- loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--s!r--+--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--s!r--+--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--s!r--+--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--s!r--+--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--s!r--+--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram da--+-- sarv--+--padam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d--+--m sarva--+--adam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d--+--m sarva--+--adam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d--+--m sarva s--+--am loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d--+--m sarva s--+--am loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram da--+-- sarva sa--+--m loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat--+--sarva sam--+-- loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram data--+--arva samp--+--loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
[...]
om apadamapa hataram data--+--arva --+--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram datar--+--rva--+--adam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram datara--+--v--+--padam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram--+---+--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram --+-+--ampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--++--ampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--++--ampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram s--++--ampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram --+++--ampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram --++++--mpadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dataram--++++++--padam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram datar--++++++++++--dam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram data--++++++++++++--am loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram data-+++++++++++++++-m loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram dat-+-m-+-r-+-s-+-a-+- loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d-+-ra-+-ar-+-sa-+-da-+-oka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram-+-tar-+-sar-+-sam-+-am-+-ka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hatar-+-data-+- sar-+-samp-+-m l-+- bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa ha--+-- da--+-- sa--+--amp--+--lo--+--i deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa --+--am d--+--m sa--+--ampa--+--oka--+--deva citta namamyaham
om apadamap--+--aram --+--am sa--+--ampad--+--ka b--+--va citta namamyaham
om apadam--+--ataram--+--ram sa--+--ampada--+--a bhi--+-- citta namamyaham
om apad--+-- hatara--+--aram sa--+--ampadam--+-- bhi d--+--itta namamyaham
om ap--+--pa hatar--+--taram sa--+--ampadam --+--bhi dev--+--ta namamyaham
om --+--mapa hata--+--ataram sa--+--ampadam l--+--hi deva --+-- namamyaham
o--+--damapa hat--+--dataram sa--+--ampadam lo--+--i deva ci--+--amamyaham
-+--padamapa ha--+-- dataram sa--+--ampadam lok--+-- deva citt--+--amyaham
-- apadamapa h--+--m dataram sa--+--ampadam loka--+--deva citta --+--yaham
om apadamapa --+--am dataram sa--+--ampadam loka --+--eva citta na--+--ham
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram sa--+--ampadam loka b--+--va citta nama--+--m
om apadamap--+--aram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bh--+--a citta namamy--+-
om apadama--+--taram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi--+-- citta namamyah--
om apadama--+--taram dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi --+--citta namamyaham
om apadamap--+--aram dataram --+-- sampadam loka bhi --+--citta namamyaham
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram --+-- sampadam loka bhi --+--citta namamyaham
om apadamapa h--+--m dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi --+--citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hat--+--dataram s--+--sampadam loka bhi--+-- citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hatara--+--aram --+-- sampadam loka bh--+--a citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram da--+----+--a sampadam loka bh--+--a citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram datar--++--va sampadam loka b--+--va citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram datar--+--r--+--mpadam loka b--+--va citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram data--+--arva sam--+-- loka --+--eva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram da--+-- sarva sampadam l--+--+--deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva sampadam loka--+--d--+--itta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram--+--ram sarva sampadam lok--+-- deva cit--+--mamyaham
om apadamapa hatara--+--aram sarva sampadam lok--+-- deva citta nam--+--am
om apadamapa hatara--+--aram sarva sampadam lok--+-- deva citta namamyah--
om apadamapa hatar--+--taram sarva sampadam loka--+--deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hatar--+--taram sarva sampadam loka--+--deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hatara--+--aram sarva sampadam loka --+--eva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hatara--+--aram sarva sampadam loka b--+--va citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram--+--ram sarva sampadam loka bh--+--a citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva sampadam loka bhi --+--citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva sampadam loka bhi de--+--tta namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d--+--m sarva sampadam loka bhi deva --+-- namamyaham
om apadamapa hataram d--+--m sarva sampadam loka bhi deva cit--+--mamyaham
om apadamapa hataram --+--am sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta--+--myaham
om apadamapa hataram--+--ram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta n--+--aham
om apadamapa hatara--+--aram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta na--+--ham
om apadamapa hata--+--ataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta nam--+--am
om apadamapa ha--+-- dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta nama--+--m
om apadamapa h--+--m dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namam--+--
om apadamapa --+--am dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamy--+-
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamya--+
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyah--
om apadamap--+--aram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaha-
om apadamap--+--aram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamap--+--aram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa--+--ram dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa --+--am dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa h--+--m dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa h--+--m dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa ha--+-- dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa ha--+-- dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hat--+--dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hat--+--dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
om apadamapa hat--+--dataram sarva sampadam loka bhi deva citta namamyaham
               --+--
              --+--
              --+--
             --+--