From: David Pacheco <david_pacheco@lineone.net>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Bender's First Horror Story
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:21:55 -0000

John Smith was driving down the road at night when suddnely!  The
car stopped!  And it wouldn't go no more!  So John Smith said to his
wife that was in the car "wait here and I will go and get help."
And John Smith's wife said "OK".

So there was a light up in the distance so John Smith walked towards
it.  And all around there was dark forest, and it was scary!  But
John Smith was not scared!  Ha!  Ha! he said, "Im not scared"!

Finally, he got to the light in the distance.  It was a house that
looked very scary and dark, with lots of old castle-like things on
the walls and some gargoyles.  There was only one light, far far up
in one of the towers.

John Smith knocked at the door.  "Hello!" he cried, but no body
answered.  "Hello!" he cried again, but still there was no body
answering.  He used the door knocker but it was covered in something
very slimy and John Smith didn't want to touch it any more.  But
when John Smith touched the knocker, the door fell open with a giant
creak!  All by itself!

John Smith said "oh, that's strange, I wonder why the door was
unlocked" and then he walked in to the dark house.  "Hello" he said
again, for the third time in two paragraphs, in spite of the
previous lack of success for saying "Hello!".  But still that didn't
stop him, because he was being very polite.

Back in the car John Smith's wife was afraid because it was so dark
outside, and she kept seeing strange shadows in the pitch black
forest.  She turned on the radio and sang a song, because she was so
afraid.  "Oh where is my husband John Smith?" she said, because that
was the name of the song.

And suddnely!  She thought she heard a voice from the outside of the
car that said "He's NEVER coming back!"  And John Smith's wife
screamed and ran towards the house where John Smith had gone!

And John Smith was still inside the house saying "Hello!" and
looking for the peoples that lives in the house.  And he walked up
the giant staircase, and when he got to the top he could go left or
he could go right and he said "Hmmm.  I wonder which way I should
go?"  Then finally he decided to go right at the last minute, when
suddnely the whole staircase collapsed behind him just as he turned
the corner to go right!  "Boy, that was lucky?" he said!

So John Smith came to a door that had a picture of a skeleton on it,
and it was very scary.  "I'd better not go in there, because there
might be something very bad in there!" said John Smith.  But the
ghosts inside the room heard him and said "we'll never get him in
here to scare him if he is scared by the pictures on the door" so
they changed the picture to a bunny rabbit with epilepsy.

"Oh!" said John Smith. "Poor bunny rabbit!  I will go inside the
room to see if the rabbit needs emergency medical treatment for its
epilepsy."  And so he did.  He walked into the room, which was pitch
dark, just like the rest of the house.  "Hello!" he cried, believing
that repetition would eventually get him somewhere.  "Is there
anybody here?"

Suddnely!  The lights came on and John Smith saw he was in a room
covered in GHOSTS!  And they went up to John Smith and shouted
"BOO!" and tickled his fancy!  But John Smith was not scared at all,
because he did not believe in ghosts at all!  So the ghosts all left
the room and said "How can we scare him if he doesn't believe in
us?"

Then John Smith went to a door with a picture of a lamprey playing
baccarat.  "Hmm, I would like very much a quick game of baccarat to
take my mind off this scary house, because I am scared it might have
a vampire in it."  The ghosts who were planning scary things heard
this and said "we know a vampire!  there lives one here!"  So they
called up the vampire, who's name was Fred the Vampire, and made him
go to the room with the lamprey playing baccarat and sit down at the
table, but with his vampire things hidden so John Smith would think
he was a normal human been.

John Smith liked playing baccarat, but the lamprey was playing
baccarat banque against the house, so all John could do was bet on
the lamprey's cards.  And the lamprey kept losing!  So finally Fred
the Vampire said would you like to play chemin de fer?  And John
Smith said "of course!" and so they played for a while and John kept
losing to the lamprey!  And then finally one time John won and said
"Ha!  I won!" and then Fred the Vampire said "No, John Smith, I
WIN!" and he took off his mask and he was a vampire!

And John Smith was so scared and he ran out of the room and down the
staircase and out the door and standing there at the front door was
his wife who was screaming too!  And John Smith said what is the
matter? and John Smith's wife said look in the mirror!  And so John
Smith loked in the mirror and realized that from the shock his teeth
had turned completely white!

So John Smith and John Smith's wife ran out of the house and got
into the car and drove away as quickly as they could and didn't
stop!  Until they reached a gas station up in the distance and they
stopped and got out of the car and went up to the gas station
persons and said "we are so scared!  We just came out of the scary
dark house down the road!

And the gas station persons said "Oh, that old house?  That's the
Old Evil Mr. Johnson house."

And John Smith said "when did he die?" and the gas station persons
said "oh no, he still lives there but now he thinks he's a VAMPIRE!"

TUN TUN TAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

THE ENB!

-dp.