From: me@primenet.com (kEvin)
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Lovestory, with alarm clock.
Date: 2 Dec 2000 00:27:49 GMT

[6:12 AM] The clock radio blares out an obnoxious buzz. I slap at it
and my lover enfolds me in her embrace.

[6:21 AM] The clock radio blares out an obnoxious buzz. I fumble with
it to make it stop. It does. I think about my one true love and then
she kisses me.

[6:30 AM] The clock radio blares out an obnoxious buzz. I need to get up
and get dressed. I barely reach the snooze button before my lover grabs
me and hauls me back into her arms.

[6:39 AM] The clock radio blares out an obnoxious buzz. I'm running a
little late but I'll just hurry a little and I'll be fine. I deftly
quiet the alarm and lie there thinking. I flirt with my lover and
fend off her playful advances. I'm surprised when she grabs me.

[6:48 AM] The clock radio blares out an obnoxious buzz. I am unredeemably
late. It's all her fault. My job, my career, my education, my entire life
have suffered because of my devotion to her. I curse her and my need for
her. She apologizes. Foolishly, I accept her kiss.

[6:57 AM] The clock radio blares out an obnoxious buzz. I am beyond
excuses, beyond alternate plans. I am late. I will be frowned upon. I
abandon the bed and the scent of my lover. I vow to dump her, but it's
an idle threat.

kEvin
sleep slut.