November 27, 1999: and now... now i'm busy... busy again
It's been a month since I updated! The shame!
Here's what I've been doing:
- The "pure" design phase of our project finally finished, and I
started coding full-time around November 1st.
- I'm working on a really interesting aspect of the system, in which
I unify light sources, volumetric fog, shadows, and other things
which affect the appearance of objects. Light sources have always
been a clumsy part of past systems, never integrating cleanly. Finally,
in finding other technologies they share some aspects with, a, well,
a light came on over my head. It should be pretty clean and extensible.
- I've been prepping a lecture for a seminar I'm going to be giving
in early December, mostly writing the paper version of the talk
for the "proceedings".
- I played through my friend dfan's text
adventure that was entered in the Fifth
Annual Interactive Fiction Competition, so then I ended up playing
through all of the competition entries. And voting on all of them.
And writing up reviews of all of them.
- I started working on my own text adventure that I had started last
January but had almost immediately put off. It's going along pretty
well, but it's going to take forever; maybe in time for next year's
So, all in all, just busy-busy-busy.
prev : next : month : index : : home
New Feeling Talking Heads