Article: 261488 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 22x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:26:27 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

CUCKOO
******

The cuckoo bird is a crafty creature.  I read it in _National_
_Geographic_.  It lays its eggs in other birds' nests.  The
other birds hatch the eggs.  The cuckoo chicks kick their
foster siblings out of the nest and grow up in their stead.

I've wondered about that.  Since that freak hailstorm, things
haven't been normal in the nursery where I work.  The babies
don't cry.  Some of them are unusually large and developed.
At night, when the nursery is dark, I can feel a dozen cold
reptilian infant eyes follow me across the room.

Whose chicks am I raising?

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction