Article: 261554 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 83x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:43:40 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

STRANGE DAYS INDEED
*******************

Last November, the potential curve for proton collisions
shifted slightly.  Scientists were at a loss to explain
how such a fundamental property could change, but it
nevertheless did.

Several important effects were noted in our neighborhood,
not the least of which was a drop in solar output.  Global
temperatures dropped twenty degrees and another Ice Age
began, but we would survive.

But what if the shift had affected Helium?  Novae are
dicey from 93 million miles away.

The more complex a system, the greater the chance of
catastrophic failure.  We live in an infinitely complex
universe.

You do the math.

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction