Article: 261569 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 100x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:47:21 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

ZENO HOUR
*********

Zero Hour approached.  Trillions of years earlier, the universe had
begun to collapse in on itself.  In a short time the Big Crunch
would occur.

In matrices of energy, things that had once been human looked on.
"As I suspected," communicated one to another.  "Time-space is
definitely distorting.  As we approach the singularity, time
stretches out asymptotically.  We will never reach the Event."

"Why, it's Zeno's Paradox!" exclaimed the companion.  "The runner
gets halfway to the finish in half the remaining time.  The fallacy
is that the runner will never finish."

The first shrugged.  "Now we know it's no fallacy."

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction